MEET A RESOURCE: The Park Based Learning Project creates free lessons and resources using project based learning, and game based design, principles. They provide ready-to-use lessons and differentiated assessments, as well as opportunities to collaborate on specific local, state, or national park-based projects. The founder and leader of the Park Based Learning Project is James Fester who is also a teacher, consultant, author, and state and national park volunteer interpreter currently living in Minnesota.
A transcript is available for this episode.
- Parks Based Learning Website & Twitter
- Visit a National Park (virtually)
- Projects Gallery
- Structure of Parks Based Learning Experiences
- Hopewell Earthworks Project & Bears Ears Project
- Landmark Learning Project Handbook
- Article: “Engaging New and Diverse Audiences in the National Parks”
For more on what innovative educators are doing around the world, check out www.lessonimpossible.com, where you can also reach out with recommendations for new guests.