Your lesson, should you choose to accept it, is to consider a new resource: #clearthelist, a global movement to help teachers buy supplies for their classrooms. The resource specialist assigned to help you with this task is Courtney Jones, from Denver, Colorado.
In this episode we discuss:
- The origin of the #clearthelist and #supportateacher movement and now the Clear The List Foundation
- Why the movement is open to all teachers, regardless of their student population
- How ClearTheList also involves empowering teachers to advocate for funding for resources and raising awareness of the financial burden that teachers take on
- Piloting school stores for community members to donate to their locals schools
- How much teachers actually spend, and questioning the status quo
- How teachers can join the ClearTheList movement
- How any listeners can help ClearTheList by donating
- The Clear The List Foundation website
- ClearTheList School Stores and Wish Lists
- ClearTheList how-to guides and videos
- ClearTheList’s Twitter
If you want to find out more about what innovative educators are doing around the world, check out www.lessonimpossible.com. And if you like the podcast, please consider rating, reviewing and subscribing or forwarding it to a colleague. You can also follow Lesson: Impossible on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.