Your lesson, should you choose to accept it, is to transform your passions for innovation and design into relevant assignments and global professional projects. The special agent assigned to help you with this task is Evo Hannan of Dwight School Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
In this interview we discuss:
- His path to teaching design in Dubai
- How he stays relevant in his field
- What teaching design looks like
- Examples of student projects
- How he gets big companies involved in his projects
- Modeling being a designer and innovator for his students
- Making his projects and efforts transparent
- His live YouTube Ed Talks (next show is May 9 at 11am EST, 4pm GMT, 7pm GST)
- The Agency Project to promote student choice
- How Evo is able to stay passionate about teaching and avoid burnout
- His advice to new (and all) teachers
- His ideal school… that he’s currently developing in real life!
- Ways to get in contact: his website, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
If you want to find out more about what innovative educators are doing around the world, check out www.lessonimpossible.com. And if you like the podcast, please consider rating, reviewing and subscribing or forwarding it to a colleague. You can also follow Lesson: Impossible on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.